- These are policies and procedures for graduate students in the
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University at Buffalo,
the State University of New York. They are based on what we
perceive as best for most students.
- This document may be revised. When this happens,
a new edition will be issued.
The edition for the academic year in which you were admitted is the one
that governs your entire graduate career, unless you choose to abide by a
later edition (in which case, you must abide by all relevant regulations
of that later edition).
- If you need special consideration, you may submit a petition
in writing to the Graduate Affairs Committee (GAC) of the department.
- There are several other documents, updated regularly, with which you should
be familiar, because they contain University policies and procedures.
Among these are the following:
- Graduate School Policies and Procedures: A Manual for Graduate
Students and Advisors,
Office of the Graduate School, 402 Capen Hall,
- Records and Registration Procedures Handbook for Students
Office of Records and Registration, 232 Capen Hall
- All graduate students are members of the CSEGSA: Computer Science and Engineering
Graduate Student Association. The generic mail alias for
the CSEGSA officers is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should read the sunyab.cse.grads newsgroup on a
regular basis and participate actively in this organization.
- You should familiarize yourself with the Department's home page on the World Wide Web: