The following works may be published as UB CSE departmental technical reports:
- faculty research work
- Ph.D. dissertations and master's theses
- student research not submitted as
a thesis or dissertation but
recommended by a faculty member for publication as a
departmental technical report
The departmental technical report series is published by the Library Committee.
Reports are distributed on-line only. They are available for anonymous
ftp.cse.buffalo.edu in the directory
pub/tech-reports, or on the World Wide Web at:
How to Submit a Report
- Send email to the Technical Report Coordinator (
to obtain a technical report number.
(This technical report number can be included in the technical report itself.
If you don't need it, this step can be skipped).
- Prepare a PostScript or PDF file of your report.
(If your report was prepared using LaTeX, you can create a PostScript
version by doing: texprint -D report.dvi > report.ps). This is the
version that will be made available by anonymous ftp and via Web.
- You then need to submit the PostScript or PDF version to the technical report
archive. You can do this by attaching the file to an email and
sending it to email@example.com