Hung Q. Ngo
["Ngô Quang Hưng" in Vietnamese]
- Office: 338L Davis Hall
- Phone: (716) 645-4750
- Fax: (716) 645-3464 (attn: Hung Q. Ngo)
- Mailing address:
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
State University of New York at Buffalo
338L Davis Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-2500, U.S.A.
- Email: hungngo (at) buffalo (dot) edu
- Associate Professor, Director of Graduate Studies.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo.
- Current research interests : Switching networks, error-tolerant group testing and applications, sparse approximation, database join algorithms and applications.
- Curriculum Vitae in pdf, often not up to date.
Some recent papers
- Hung Q. Ngo, Thanh-Nhan Nguyen, "Linear Programming Analysis of Switching Networks," Handbook of Combinatorial Optimization, 2013.
- Anna Gilbert, Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat, Atri Rudra, Martin Strauss, "l2/l2-foreach sparse recovery with low risk," ICALP 2013.
- Liang Ge, Jing Gao, Hung Q. Ngo, Kang Li, Aidong Zhang, "On Handling Negative Transfer and Imbalanced Distributions in Multiple Source Transfer Learning," SIAM Conference on Data Mining (SDM 13)
- Hung Q. Ngo, Duong Hieu Phan, and David Pointcheval, "Black-box Trace&Revoke Codes," Algorithmica, to appear.
Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat, Christopher Ré, and Atri Rudra, Worst Case
Optimal Join Algorithms, PODS
(Best Paper Award!) [ conf version ]
Invited to Journal of the ACM [ preliminary full version on ArXiv -- will be updated ]
- Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat, and Atri Rudra, Efficiently Decodable Compressed Sensing by List-Recoverable Codes and Recursion, STACS 2012.
- Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat and Atri Rudra. Efficiently Decodable Error-Correcting List Disjunct Matrices and Applications. ICALP 2011.
Courses for Spring 2013
- CSE 720 -- Optimization in Robotics, Machine Learning, and Control, Part II (Seminar. Co-taught with Robert Platt)