Hung Q. Ngo
["Ngô Quang Hưng" in Vietnamese]
- Office: 338L Davis Hall
- Phone: (716) 645-4750
- Fax: (716) 645-3464 (attn: Hung Q. Ngo)
- Mailing address:
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
State University of New York at Buffalo
338L Davis Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-2500, U.S.A.
- Email: hungngo (at) buffalo (dot) edu
- Associate Professor, Director of Graduate Studies.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, SUNY at Buffalo.
- Current research interests : Switching networks, error-tolerant group testing and applications, sparse approximation, database join algorithms and applications.
- Curriculum Vitae in pdf, often not up to date.
Some recent papers
- Hung Q. Ngo, Dung Nguyen, Christopher Ré, Atri Rudra, "Beyond Worst-Case Analysis for Joins with Minesweeper," PODS 2014. [ ArXiV version ]
- Hung Q. Ngo, Christopher Ré, Atri Rudra, "Skew Strikes Back: New Developments in the Theory of Join Algorithms", SIGMOD Records, vol. 42 (4), 2013. [ ArXiV Version ]
- Denisa Duma, Mary Wootters, Anna C. Gilbert, Hung Q. Ngo, Atri Rudra, Matthew Alpert, Timothy J. Close, Gianfranco Ciardo, and Stefano Lonardi, "Accurate Decoding of Pooled Sequenced Data Using Compressed Sensing," WABI 2013. [ pdf ]
- Hung Q. Ngo, Thanh-Nhan Nguyen, "Linear Programming Analysis of Switching Networks," Handbook of Combinatorial Optimization, 2013.
- Anna Gilbert, Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat, Atri Rudra, Martin Strauss, "l2/l2-foreach sparse recovery with low risk," ICALP 2013.
- Liang Ge, Jing Gao, Hung Q. Ngo, Kang Li, Aidong Zhang,
"On Handling Negative Transfer and Imbalanced Distributions in Multiple
Source Transfer Learning," SIAM Conference on Data Mining (SDM 13)
Invited to the SAM as one of the best papers from SDM 2013.
- Hung Q. Ngo, Duong Hieu Phan, and David Pointcheval, "Black-box Trace&Revoke Codes," Algorithmica, Volume 67, Issue 3 (2013), Page 418--448.
Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat, Christopher Ré, and Atri Rudra, Worst Case
Optimal Join Algorithms,
Award!) [ conf version ]
Invited to Journal of the ACM [ preliminary full version on ArXiv -- will be updated ]
- Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat, and Atri Rudra, Efficiently Decodable Compressed Sensing by List-Recoverable Codes and Recursion, STACS 2012.
- Hung Q. Ngo, Ely Porat and Atri Rudra. Efficiently Decodable Error-Correcting List Disjunct Matrices and Applications. ICALP 2011.