The course will be focused on sensing on two main platforms:
You will have ample access to hardware for the projects.
The primary objective of the course will be demonstratable research
projects in sensing on one of these two platforms. Research groups will be
1-3 students depending on enrollment. We will identify the project in the
first two weeks of class, and spend the rest of the semester hacking on the
individual projects. Project will form a significant portion of the grade.
- First third of the class will be lectures on modern algorithms for
visual sensing and their applications. During this time, we will have
three-four assignments to get you acclimatized with the algorithms
- Rest of the class will be readings in recent research. All students will
require writing short critiques of the readings weekly. Each student will
be assigned a topic when he/she will lead the discussion in one of the
- Serious implementation project in sensing systems. I expect the work to be something that can be submitted to a workshop - or with work through summer/fall, submitted to a research conference.
- Introduction to visual sensing algorithms
- Introduction to research methodology. This includes reading research papers, writing critiques, research presentation, and executing research through the project
- Help masters students identify interesting research projects in AI/Systems