The conference has set up three awards: the best paper award, the best student paper award, and the best poster award. Each awarded paper will receive USD$500 as the prize.
Graduate Student Travel Grants:
The conference will support 10 student travel grants, which will cover:
- Up to 3 nights accommodation at Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Reimbursement for flights up to USD$500 (based on the valid receipts).
- A certificate that will be awarded in the conference dinner.
- Please note that the travel grants do not cover registration.
The applicants should submit the following materials to Marianne Sullivan by June 1st, 2010.
- A paper title(s) accepted to ACM-BCB 2010.
- A statement letter from the student, which include:
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date; students should demonstrate a serious interest in bioinformatics, through their coursework and projects.
- A description of areas reflected in the ACM-BCB 2010 program that would impact the student's research.
- A statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student.
- A supporting letter from the student's supervisor/advisor, which include:
- Confirmation that the student is in good academic standing.
- The suitability on the ACM-BCB 2010 program material to the student's research area.
- Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
Application deadline: June 1, 2010
Award notification: July 1,2010
We would be happy to send you a visa support letter if you need one to attend ACM-BCB. However, note that we can send you the letter only after you have registered. Please email Marianne Sullivan (mks [at] buffalo [dot] edu) with the following details:
- Email address
- Mailing address (the letter will have this address on it)
- Mention whether you are going to present a paper. If so please also send the title of your paper.
- Your current CV
- The exact dates you will be in U.S.
- Let us know how you want us to send the letter: (i) Fax: Please send us your fax number, (ii) By post: Please send us the address, or (iii) By email: We will send a scanned PDF of the letter.