- G. Aggarwal, M. Data, S. Rajagopalan and M. Ruhl, "On the Streaming Model Augmented with a Sorting Primitive." In FOCS 04.
- N. Alon, Y. Matias and M. Szegedy, "The space complexity of approximating the frequency moments." In JCSS 99 (prelim. version STOC 96).
- B. Babcock, S. Babu, M. Datar, R. Motwani and J. Widom, "Models and Issues in Data Stream Systems." In PODS 02.
- Z. Bar-Yossef, T. S. jayram, R. Kumar and D. Sivakumar, "Information theory methods in communication complexity." In FOCS 02.
- Z. Bar-Yossef, T. S. Jayram, R. Kumar, D. Sivakumar and L. Trevisan,
"Counting distinct elements in a data stream." In RANDOM 02.
- T. Batu, L. Fortnow, R. Rubinfeld, W. D. Smith and P. White, "Testing That Distributions Are Close." In FOCS 00.
- P. Beame, T. S. Jayram and A. Rudra, "Lower Bounds for Randomized Read/Write Stream Algorithms." In STOC 07.
- A. Chakrabarti, G. Cormode and A. Mcgregor, " A Near-Optimal Algorithm for Computing the Entropy of a Stream." In SODA 07.
- A. Chakrabarti, T. S. Jayram and M. Patrascu, " Tight Lower Bounds for Selection in Randomly Ordered Streams." In SODA 08.
- A. Chakrabarti, S. Khot and X. Sun, "Near-Optimal Lower Bounds on the Multi-Party Communication Complexity of Set Disjointness." In CCC 03.
Kevin L. Chang , Ravi Kannan, The space complexity of pass-efficient
algorithms for clustering, In SODA 06.
- G. Cormode, S.
Muthukrishan. Space Efficient Mining of Multigraph Streams. PODS 2005
- M. Charikar, L. O'Callaghan and R. Panigrahy, "Better Streaming Algorithms for Clustering Problems." In STOC 03.
- M. Charikar, K. Chen and M. Farach-Colton, "Finding Frequent Items in Data Streams."
In ICALP 02.
- E. Cohen and M. Strauss, "Maintaining Time-Decaying Stream Aggregates."
In JoA 06.
- G. Cormode, F. Korn and S. Tirthapua, "Exponentially decayed aggregates on data streams." In ICDE 08.
- G. Cormode and S. Muthukrishnan, "What is hot and what is not: Tracking most frequent items dynamically." In PODS 03.
- M. Datar, A. Gionis, P. Indyk and R. Motwani, "Maintaining Stream Statistics over Siliding Windows." In SICOMP 02 (prelim. version
in SODA 02).
- J. Dean and S. Ghemawat, "MapReduce: Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters." In OSDI 04.
- E. Demaine, A. López-Ortiz and J. I. Munro, "Frequency Estimation of Internet Packet Streams with Limited Space." In ESA 02.
- J. Feigenbaum, S. Kannan, A. McGregor, S. Suri, and J. Zhang. On graph problems in a semi-streaming model. In Proceedings of the International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming, 2004. (ICALP'04)
J. Feigenbaum, S. Kannan, A. McGregor, S. Suri, and J. Zhang. Graph distances in the streaming model: The value of space. In Proceedings of ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, 2005. (SODA'05)
- J. Feldman, S. Muthukrishnan, A. Sidiropoulos, C. Stein and Z. Svitkina, "On the Complexity of Processing Massive, Unordered, Distributed Data." Manuscript, 2007.
- P. B. Gibbons and Y. Matias, "Synopsis Data Structures for Massive Data Sets." In SODA 99.
- P. B. Gibbons and S. Tirthapura, "Distributed Streams Algorithms for Sliding Windows." In
Theory of Comp. Sys. 04.
- A. C. Gilbert, S. Guha, P. Indyk, Y. Kotidis, S. Muthukrishnan and M. J. Strauss, "Fast, small space algorithms for approximate histogram maintenance." In STOC 02.
- M. Greenwald and S. Khanna, "Space-Efficient Online Computation of Quantile Summaries." In SIGMOD 01.
- M. Grohe, A. Hernich and N. Schweikardt, "Randomized Computations on Large Data Sets: Tight Lower Bounds." In PODS 06.
- M. Grohe, C. Koch and N. Schweikardt, "Tight Lower Bounds for Query Processing on Streaming and External Memory Data External Memory." In TCS 07 (prelim. version ICALP 05).
- M. Grohe and N. Schweikardt, "Lower Bounds for Sorting with Few Random Accesses to External Memory." In PODS 05.
- S. Guha, A. Meyerson, N. Mishra, R. Motwani and L. O'Callaghan,
" Clustering Data Streams: Theory and Practice." In IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng. 03.
- M. R. Henzinger, P. Raghavan and S. Rajagopalan, "Computing on Data Streams." DEC tech. report 98.
- P. Indyk, "Stable Distributions, Pseudorandom Generators, Embeddings and Data Stream Computation." In JACM 06 (prelim. version in FOCS00).
- P. Indyk and A. McGregor, "Declaring Independence via the Sketching of Sketches."
In SODA 08.
- P. Indyk and D. Woodruff, "Tight Lower Bounds for the Distinct Elements Problem." In FOCS 03.
- P. Indyk and D. Woodruff, "Optimal Approximations of the Frequency Moments of Data Streams." In STOC 05.
- T. S. Jayram, S. Kale and E. Vee, "Efficient Aggregation Algorithms for Probabilistic Data." In SODA 07.
- R. M. Karp, S. Shenker and C. H. Papadimitriou, "A Simple Algorithm for Finding Frequent Elements in Streams and Bags." In TODS 03.
- F. Korn, S. Muthukrishnan and D. Srivastava, "Reverse nearest neighbor aggregates over data streams." In VLDB 02.
- A. Lall, V. Sekar, M. Ogihara, J. Xu, and H. Zhang. Data streaming algorithms for estimating entropy of network traffic. In ACM SIGMETRICS, 2006
- G. S. Manku and R. Motwani, "Approximate Frequency Counts over Streaming Data." In VLDB 02.
- A. Metwally, D. Agrawal and A. E. Abbadi, "Efficient Computation of Frequent and Top-k Elements in Data Streams." In ICDT 05.
- J. Misra and D. Gries, "Finding Repeated Elements." In
Science of Comp. Prog. 82.
- I. Munro and M. Paterson, "Selection and Sorting with Limited Storage." In TCS 80 (prelim. version in FOCS 78)
- M. Ruhl, "Efficient Algorithms for New Computational Models." MIT thesis 03.
- S. Venkataraman, D. Song, P. B. Gibbons, and A. Blum. New Streaming
Algorithms for Fast Detection of Superspreaders . In Proceedings of
Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), 2005.
- D. Woodruff, "Optimal Space Lower Bounds for all Frequency Moments." In
- D. Woodruff, "Efficient and Private Distance Approximation in the Communication and Streaming Models." MIT thesis 07.