Introduction to Cognitive Science
Linda is 31 years old, single, outspoken, and very bright. She
majored in philosophy. As a student, she was deeply concerned with
issues of discimination and social justice, and also participated in
Please rank the following statements by their probability, using 1 for
the most probable and 8 for the least probable:
- Linda is a teacher in elementary school.
- Linda works in a bookstore and takes Yoga classes.
- Linda is active in the feminist movement.
- Linda is a psychiatric social worker.
- Linda is a member of the League of Women Voters.
- Linda is a bank teller.
- Linda is an insurance salesperson.
- Linda is a bank teller and is active in the feminist movement.
"Extensional Versus Intuitive Reasoning:
The Conjunction Fallacy in Probability Judgment",
90(4) (October): 293-315.
Copyright © 2007 by
William J. Rapaport