Stuart C. Shapiro
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
State University of New York at
- Stuart C. Shapiro and The SNePS Implementation Group, SNePS 2.6 User's Manual
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University at Buffalo,
The State Universtiy of New York, Buffalo, NY, October 7, 2002.
- SNePS Tutorial PS
- Stuart C. Shapiro, The
SNePS Approach to Cognitive Robotics, presented to LIMSI-CNRS,
Universite de Paris Sud, Orsay, France, December 19, 2002. (A
- John F. Santore and Stuart C. Shapiro, Crystal Cassie: Use of a 3-D
Gaming Environment for a Cognitive Agent, Papers of the
IJCAI 2003 Workshop on Cognitive Modeling of Agents and Multi-Agent
Interactions, IJCAII, Acapulco, Mexico, August 9, 2003, in
- Josephine Anstey, Dave Pape, Stuart Shapiro, and Vikranth Rao, Virtual Drama with
Intelligent Agents, Proceedings of the Ninth International
Conference on Virtual Systems and MultiMedia (VSMM), Montreal,
Quebec, Canada, October 15-17, 2003.
- Stuart C. Shapiro, FevahrCassie: A
Description and Notes for Building FevahrCassie-Like Agents, SNeRG
Technical Note 35, Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
University at Buffalo, The State Universtiy of New York, Buffalo, NY,
September 24, 2003.
- Stuart C. Shapiro and Haythem O. Ismail, Anchoring in a Grounded Layered
Architecture with Integrated Reasoning, Robotics and
Autonomous Systems 43, 2-3 (May 2003), 97-108.
- Situation Calculus
- John McCarthy and Patrick C. Hayes, Some Philosophical Problems
from the Standpoint of Artificial Intelligence. In B. Meltzer &
D. Michie, eds. Machine Intelligence
4, Halsted Press, New York, 1969, 463-502.
- Y. Lespérance and R. Levesque, H. J. Reiter. A situation calculus
approach to modeling and programming agents. In Rao A. and
M. Wooldridge, editors, Foundations and Theories of Rational
Agency. Kluwer, 1999. ps pdf
- H. Levesque, R. Reiter, Y. Lesperance, F. Lin, and
R. Scherl. GOLOG: A logic programming language for dynamic
domains. Journal of Logic Programming, 31:59-84, 1997.
- The Event Calculus
- M.P.Shanahan,Reinventing Shakey, in
Logic-Based Artificial Intelligence, ed. Jack Minker,
Kluwer Academic, pages 233-253.
- M.P.Shanahan, The Event Calculus
Explained, in Artificial Intelligence Today,
ed. M.J.Wooldridge and M.Veloso, Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial
Intelligence no. 1600, Springer (1999), pages 409-430.
- Jill Fain Lehman, John E. Laird, Paul Rosenbloom, (1998?), A Gentle
Introduction to Soar: An Architecture for Human Cognition,
apparently a preprint version of Chapter 6 of D. Scarborough and
S. Sternberg, Eds. Methods, Models, and Conceptual Issues: An
Invitation to Cognitive Science, Volume 4, (Cambridge: MIT
- P. S. Rosenbloom, J. E. Laird, and A. Newell, Introduction
to The Soar Papers: Readings on Integrated Intelligence,
MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1993.