Conference Center and Hotel
The talks will be held at the
Center. The official hotel for the
conference will be the Crowne
Plaza hotel, which is right
across the street from the conference venue. We have reserved a block
of rooms at the rate of 129
USD plus tax (for both single
and double occupancy) at the Crowne
Plaza. The cut-off date is August 25, 2009.
- To reserve a room online, please follow this link. (The link automatically puts in the group code.)
- If you want to book your room over the phone, please call 1-800-2Crowne and mention the group code IEE.
We would be happy to send you a visa support letter if you need one to attend SRDS. However, note that we can send you the letter only after you have registered. Please email Kathy Pohlman (pohlman [at] cse [dot] buffalo [dot] edu) with the following details:
- Email address
- Mailing address (the letter will have this address on it)
- Mention whether you are going to present a paper. If so please also send the title of your paper.
- Let us know how you want us to send the letter: (i) Fax: Please send us your fax number, (ii) By post: Please send us the address, or (iii) By email: We will send a scanned PDF of the letter.
- From Buffalo
Niagara International Airport
Airport to Niagara Falls trip averages 40 minutes.
The taxi fee to Niagara Falls is roughly 55 USD.
2) Driving Directions
3) Shuttle Services
The fee is 45USD per person. It would be cheaper to share a shuttle (2-5 persons) for 70USD.
4) Metrolink Bus (Public Transportation)
There is limited public transportation from the airport to Niagara Falls. Metro Link provides bus service from 8:00 am until 8:00 pm in intervals of 2 hours. The return from Niagara Falls to the airport is from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm in intervals of 2 hours. The fare is 2.65 USD. Check Route #210 for the schedule.
- From Toronto Pearson International Airport: it is probably cheapest to take the Niagara Airbus. Since the airport is in Canada, you also need to look into border-crossing visa issues.